Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We came to visit Ruslan this morning, but were told that we could not see until tomorrow. Of course totally disappointed I handed her the flowers Vanessa brought for him and the nurse said that flower are not allowed in his room. I asked her if she can at least tell him "hi from his parents" and she said she would. We asked if he need anything and she said "no". As we starting walking down the stairs the nurse came running after us minutes later (we were walking down 5 flights) and asked if we can buy Ruslan water and buttermilk, she also told us she told Ruslan "hi" from us and that to started bauling and asked her why we can't see him. That broke my heart! Our little boy is crying to see us! I starting crying also, along with the rest of the mothers in the hospital that weren't able to see their children. Interesting concept... your child is ill and needs you, we are worried and what to see your child, but the Doctor think it's best for children not to see their parents. I guess it's their hospital and we have to follow their rules.
A little later today we went to visit Valary. Valary is happy as ever and is counting down the days until he gets to come with us. As we were playing with the kids one boy came up to Sergei and said "Do you guys have any neighbors", Sergei said "yes" and he says "you think any of your neighbors might want to adopt a boy like me?" Wow, that left us completely speechless!!! What are we suppose to tell a boy like this???? Please pray for this little boy so a family comes to adopt him soon.

3 comments:

Makarenko's Adoption said...

I could never figure out their hospital system, but that does sounds very typical. Poor little boy, I am sure he would feel much better if he got to see you. Hopefully this days will pass fairly quickly and you all can re-unite again.

Nadya

Jenny Thrasher said...

oh, so heart breaking. I'm so sorry! I'm glad that he knows you were there for him.

Many many prayers for all of the children that need loving families.

Debora Hoffmann said...

Oh, goodness! That breaks my heart...both Ruslan not getting to see you and the boy asking whether anyone might want to adopt a boy like him. I have prayed!