Monday, September 22, 2008

Name Change

I got several emails from people asking me if we changed the boys names. Sorry I guess that was kind of confusing..... Yes the older one is Kaleb Ruslan Makarenko and younger one Eddie Valary Makarenko.
As most of you know kids almost always take their adopted parents last name, we also wanted them to have our last name.... so they feel like they are part of our family:)
Now about first... is it common for children to get new names once they are adopted. Most kids are excited about getting new names. So I asked them if they would like American names and they both said yes... the next day I asked Ruslan if he would like his name to be Kaleb and he said he did. Then I asked Valary if he wanted his named to be Edward/Eddie and he asked he also liked it. So that was very easy!!! Their middle names will be their real names, just in case they decide to go back. For now we still call them Ruslan and Valary since we are around people who are used to calling them that.

1 comment:

Zhanna said...

thanks for clarifying! :) and the names are cute! :) God bless and we're still praying for you!